Condition Monitoring Explained
Are you at risk of missing your targets? Do you need to reduce your maintenance, labour and inventory costs? Are you overhauling perfectly healthy machines, using valuable resources and creating the possibility of introducing defects? Is your plant experiencing high levels of unexpected downtime? Contact Eastway Technical Consultants today! Condition monitoring specialists in Vibration Analysis, Online & 24/7.
What is Condition Based Maintenance (CBM)?
- Condition based maintenance (CBM) is a maintenance strategy that monitors the actual condition of your machines in order to plan what maintenance needs to be done
- CBM assesses the health status of your machinery by monitoring machine parameters, e.g. Vibration, Temperature or Oil condition
- Data is measured from the machine on a regular basis and its condition analysed based on any increases in the parameters
- Analysing the vibration, thermal and oil patterns from the machine enables the risk of failure to be assessed and specific faults to be diagnosed, i.e. bearing, coupling, imbalance.
- In this way CBM diagnoses specific faults and the urgency required for their repair, allowing you to plan your maintenance
- Allows you to focus on achieving your manufacturing goals
- Enables maintenance to be planned
- Directs maintenance resources to the machines that need it
- Dramatically reduces unforeseen downtime
- Prevents secondary damage to equipment
- Reduces spare parts, labour and service contract costs
- Non-intrusive measurement of machine condition
- Enables identification of poorly operating machines, reducing chances of higher machine power consumption
- Potential health and safety risks can be identified
Why do I want to avoid unforeseen downtime?
- Potential late delivery of product to customer
- Dissatisfied customer
- Damage to reputation
- Missed targets
With Eastway's CBM program your company can avoid:
- Late payment for product
- Penalty fees from customer
- Emergency repairs versus planned repairs
- Secondary damage to machinery, increasing the overall repair cost
- Out-of-hours emergency crews, increasing repair labour costs
- Increased spare parts delivery costs, need to be ordered in a hurry
- Potential wastage of product
- Goods stuck at input to machine waiting for processing
- Unnecessary wastage
- High personnel stress from unplanned catastrophic failures
Can we put a price on these??
“The service from Eastway is great. We would happily recommend their services to other companies seeking to improve their condition monitoring”
Financial Analysis of Condition Monitoring Programme