How it works
Eastway have an experienced team of vibration analysts and operate very successful vibration analysis programmes in a wide range of industries, including Pharma, Dairy, Food & Beverage, Mining and Medical Device.
All rotating machines vibrate. The level and pattern of that vibration tells us about the internal condition of the rotating components. If a fault is emerging in a machine, the components will vibrate in characteristic ways.
The vibration signature not only provides information concerning the severity of a problem, but also points to the possible source, or root cause of the problem.
The vibration patterns of rotating equipment are regularly monitored so that any significant change in magnitude is indicative of a potentially developing failure. This allows corrective action to be taken when problems are minor and at an early stage.
As vibration analysts, it is our task to examine those vibration patterns to identify faults at an early stage.
What can we detect using vibration analysis?
- Bearing wear
- Fan imbalance
- Pump impellar wear
- Lack of lubrication
- Mounting issues
How does a vibration analysis programme work?
Eastway will attend site to assess which equipment in your plant is suitable for monitoring by vibration analysis. A list of assets will be recommended for inclusion in the vibration programme, based on operation, running hours and criticality and from that a testing schedule will be established.
Individual vibration baselines will be recorded for all equipment in the programme and these will be compared with ISO standards for acceptable levels of vibration.
Vibration data is then measured from the machines on a regular basis during Eastway’s on-site inspection visits and machine condition assessed based on any increases in the parameters.
Analysing the vibration patterns recorded enables Eastway to diagnose what faults are occurring in the machine, i.e. bearing, coupling, imbalance, etc and the urgency required for its repair.
A maintenance action report will be available to the client after each visit via the Eastway Online Report Management System.
For machines requiring 24/7 monitoring, Eastway offer their Safeguard ® Online Monitoring System.
- Increased production reliability
- Elimination of unplanned downtime due to unexpected mechanical failures
- Early detection of potential problems
- Identification of the root cause of equipment failures
- Significantly reduced PM requirements
- Directs maintenance resources to the machines that need it
- Prevents secondary damage to equipment
- Enables maintenance to be planned
- Reduces spare parts, labour and service contract costs
- Non-intrusive measurement of machine condition
- Enables identification of poorly operating machines, reducing chances of higher machine power consumption
- Potential health and safety risks can be identified
"The web based reporting systems are invaluable for us especially during audits when it comes to referencing maintenance on equipment."
Motor Bearing Fault
Compressor Bearing Fault